Interactive Guide to Web Development with Rails
Learn Web Development
Learn Web Development with clear tutorials, interactive challenges and exciting visual content!
Go through our course and start developing right away in your browser. The tutorials contain quiz questions to help you learn as you go through them. We also provide special code (test cases) so you can check your progress as you develop your app.
Out Visual Content includes diagrams and cheat sheets to help beginners understand and reference web development topics. We provide cartoons that demonstrate Ruby on Rails topics by representing Ruby on Rails as a physical machine. This makes learning Ruby on Rails more fun and easier to understand!
This course doesn't just cover Ruby on Rails, but also other topics essential to creating websites.
Creating Web pages
- Intro to Creating Websites - Learn how to create websites without code.
- Learn HTML - Learn the basics of HTML, the syntax of the web.
- Essential CSS - Learn how to style websites.
Intro to Programming
- About Programming - Learn what programming is and how to learn it.
- Beginning Programming with Blockly - Start programming with Blockly, a visual programming language.
- Learn Ruby - Quick start to Ruby programming.
- Ruby for Rails - Learn more Ruby and get ready for Ruby on Rails!
Ruby on Rails
After learning the basics of programming and web development, you're ready to learn Ruby on Rails itself. Learn Rails by build an online store, one step at a time!
Overview of Ruby on Rails - This tutorial provides an overview of Ruby on Rails with cartoons and coding challenges. Get some background with The Automated Store, Learn how to Access Data, how to Control Access and how to Display Web pages to the user.
The following tutorials continue with the next steps in building an application:
- Model and Data - Create a simple 'web app' where everything is accessed from a terminal.
- Creating a Full Rails Site - Create a Controller and View to create an actual website.
- Rails Gems and More - Learn about gems to use to quickly add features to your application.
- Advanced Relationships - Learn about advanced relationships between data, forms and more!
Get the Course
There are two ways you can get access to the course:
- Buy the course - Receive lifetime access to the Web Development Track on Learneroo.
- Become a Learneroo member for just $20/month. This will give you access to the course and everything else on Learneroo!
This is the original Kickstarter for the project: